Famoflor Mat I
Vegetation mats on roofs with root-resistant sealing membranes have proved successful in practice for over 20 years. The outstanding characteristic of FamoFlor is the high pore volume of approximately 95%. Vegetation mats store about 6 times their own weight in water with a maximum weight of only 10.2 lb. per sq ft (50 kg per square meter). Built-in clay minerals as well as long-term fertilizers and various mineral substances in the vegetation mat guarantee sustainable supplies of nutrients. Different pore sizes drain, filter and store water, even during sustained dry periods, and allow plants to grow safely.
Famoflor Vegetation Mats
- Form the bottom substrate layer
- Act as the filter and drainage layer
- Store water and nutrient
- Protection against noise, heat and cold
- Protection the waterproofing membrane
- Increases the durability of the roofs
- Can be used on sloping roofs up to an angle of 45°
- Are environmentally sound and can be recycled.